Monday, March 8, 2010

Out to Lunch

Ah, good, a big tray full of seed. It's been at least 15 minutes since my last snack.

I wonder what's on the menu?
 

Ah, safflower seed. I do enjoy some nice safflower. This one looks nice.

Now, if I can only crack open this tricky shell. First, I'll hold it between my feet...
 

Now, a little beak action.


Hey, did you hear something? Because this is my seed. Stay away, interlopers!
 

Now then, back to work. This sucker is tricky!

A little more...

 
Almost got it...

Ta da!

Oh, yeah, that's some great safflower!
 

Now, what's for dessert?

1 comment:

  1. Good camera work. I never knew they had to crack those seeds open. I'll have to be more observant. My little point and shoot camera doesn't stand a chance of capturing such interesting wildlife action. Enjoyed the post.

    ReplyDelete