We haven't had any bird visitors yet, possibly because our yard is suddenly full of stray neighborhood cats. And that brings us to the matter of...
My Florida Backyard 2012 Resolutions:
- Figure out how to deal with the stray cats. We're cat lovers here in My Florida Backyard, but ours never get any closer to the great outdoors than watching it somewhat wistfully through the screens of the back porch. These stray cats (we've counted four different ones at least) like to lay around in the gardens in the sun, keeping birds from the feeders and the new bird bath. Any suggestions?
- You wouldn't think there'd be room for any more plants in our gardens, but there are a few we're determined to track down and add this year anyway:
- Carolina Jessamine (Gelsemium sempervirens)
- Trumpet Vine (Campsis radicans)
- Oakleaf Hydrangea (Hydrangea quercifolia)
So that's what we're planning for 2012 in My Florida Backyard. What about you? Have you made any resolutions for your gardens in 2012? We'd love to hear about them. Happy New Year!