Regardless of the weather, a new year has begun, and optimistic people everywhere are making resolutions. We're making a few as well, ones that we hope will help us keep My Florida Backyard a Florida-friendly wildlife habitat throughout 2010.
- Pull at least one weed every day.
- Fill the bird feeder at least once a week.
- Keep the palm tree free of dead fronds and fruit (which draws wasps).
- Draw sulphur butterflies and caterpillars to our yard by establishing cassia plants, native when possible
- Lure in some hummingbirds, both with plants and a feeder
- Provide habitat for tree frogs by installing a few treefrog houses