Sunday, June 28, 2009

Look For Small Pleasures

I've been trying for days to capture a decent picture of this tiny butterfly who loves to visit our butterfly garden. Finally - success!

This little guy is maybe about an inch and a half across. It's a White Peacock, a common species in Florida, and is smaller and darker in color during the summer's wet season.

One of the things I love best about this species is that you don't really notice the beautiful coloration until it lands and allows you to get a good look. In the air, this just looks like a white blur. But once it lands, you can see the fine detail.

I'd added these and other shots to my Butterfly Gallery on Flickr. We love summertime in the butterfly garden in My Florida Backyard!

1 comment:

  1. We have those too.I never knew what they were called before.,w00t!!Now I do.Thanx!!

    ReplyDelete